Monday 29 October 2012

A Blaze of Autumn



Today has been a beautiful Autumn day. As it is also half-term, we decided to go for a long walk. We set off along Conishead beach aiming for the woods at Conishead Priory.


Although a little muddy, the woods were spectacular. Theo, my middle son (trailing behind everyone else in the pic above), loves these woods. He particularly loves coming in Spring and spotting the snowdrops peeping through the frozen ground.


We spotted this huge fungus growing at the bottom of a tree.


I loved the texture of this bark. I am a bit ashamed to say that I don't know what the tree was.


Whenever we walk through the wood Theo and Finn always make a beeline for this old tree trunk.


The wood was adorned with the most colourful carpet of leaves. I couldn't help but think about all the leaf mould I could make!





No comments:

Post a Comment