Friday 13 July 2012

Picking Fruit for Jam and Signs of Growth


I've picked my fruit for my jam. Now I just have to make it. I am hoping to get time for my first ventures in jam making sometime tomorrow. I have just over 1 kg of gooseberries, 1 kg of blackcurrants, and 0.5 kg of redcurrants.


Finally, there are some signs of growth down on the allotment. One of my Lebanese courgette plants finally has a courgette growing on it. This probably means that in a couple of weeks I will be writing a post saying how sick I am of eating Lebanese courgettes!



You can't beat a pumpkin patch. This is my first pumpkin to appear this year. I didn't grow pumpkins last year and missed them rambling over the plot. This year I have two plants.


My white cabbages are finally starting to get it together as well (although something does seem to be eating them). The red cabbages seem a bit behind.


This little honeybee was enjoying my lavender late this afternoon. I'm off to bed now. I need to have lots of energy tomorrow to tire my children out and hopefully get them to sleep relatively early, so that I can get on with my jam making tomorrow night!




2 comments:

  1. Great harvest, i got less than 1/2 a kilo each off my blackcurrants & gooseberries. Never mind they were only planted last year. Good luck with the kids & jam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fruits look great - my redcurrants aren't quite ready and neither are the blackcurrants - I usually get bucket loads but I don't think that will be the case this year. Good luck with the jam making.

    ReplyDelete